Monday, February 7, 2011

Okie-homey

We've been living in Oklahoma for over a month now. I was very ready to leave Chicago but I knew I would eventually start to miss it. That time as come. I don't regret moving because I know this was definitely the best thing for us, but I am missing it a little.

I'm still getting used to this being my home now...at the moment Chicago still feels like home and I miss our couch, our apartment, etc. Since we're living with Caleb's parents we don't have a lot of our stuff  out so it still feels like we're visiting. It's a weird feeling.

Anyway, Nathan is absolutely amazing. He's is such a blast to be around...he's a total ham and loves everyone. We tried out a new church yesterday and he waltzed right into the new nursery and started playing. No problem. I think I'm completely spoiled with this kiddo...we'll see what happens with the next one! He's still not really talking a lot. He has some words that he says every now and then, but for the most part he doesn't use them. He knows everything we say to him though and tends to look at us like "I know it, but I'm not saying it" anytime we ask him to say a word. I have a feeling when he does start talking it'll be in complete sentences.

One new thing Nathan has been doing is dancing. He LOVES music and anytime he hears any he starts dancing. It just amazes us because he gets the rhythm down and everything. He's even started turning the cd player on by himself. I love it.

Caleb is still searching for a job here in town. I'm hoping he'll find something soon, but the job market is tough. I'm so thankful for my banking experience because I don't think I would of had any luck finding much without it. My job is going well. It's about 20 miles away without traffic so the commute is the exact same as in Chicago. I like it alright, everyone is very nice and I'm enjoying just being a teller. Being a Teller Supervisor was WAY too stressful for me. I will be happy to get into a library again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment