Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a day off...

Wow, so it's been a little while hasn't it? Since going back to work I haven't had the same amount of time to post that I (obviously) had when I was on maternity leave.

My first week back was hard, I'm not going to lie. The actual days at work were okay, not really that bad although by 3:30 I was shot and barely making it through those last 45 minutes. The worst was when I'd leave work. It is only a 20minute drive in the morning, but by 4:15 that drive is up to at the very least 30minutes and with all of the construction going on, it's more like 40-45minutes. So by the time I got home at 5pm, all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and relax with Nathan, but no I have to wash bottles, wash my pump parts, make dinner and get anything else done (laundry, cat boxes, etc.) So while that doesn't really take THAT long, it really eats into my time w/ Nathan. Before I know it it's 9 and time for his bath and bedtime routine. Which is a nice quiet time with him, but still.

This week has been better, partially due to the fact that I FINALLY found a route home without construction. Takes me just a tad over 30mins, door to door. I've also decided that if I do everything the second I come home (bottle washing, etc.) that it makes it a little better. Then I'm not dreading it for an hour or so. I get it done and can relax. Guess I just have to get into one of those little things they call a routine. Not that easy since the hardest routine I've had to master in the last five months has been waking up by 9am, making coffee and sitting in front of the computer. Well, I guess we did get Nathan's bedtime routine going which was a bit difficult at first. Not because of him, but because I had to get used to remembering to get off my butt and start it every night.

Anywho, I have Veteran's Day off today (had last Tuesday off too) so it's been a nice 'easing' into the work week. Next week is the first time I'll have to work every day, and I even get to leave early on Tuesday because of a class I have to take. WIC requires you to take a class at 3mo, 6mo, and 9mo. and for some odd reason they only offer them during the work day. Not sure why since most mom's on WIC probably work a lot less flexible jobs than I do and are most likely stuck taking sick days. Seems a bit counter intuitive to me. Then it's time for Thanksgiving! My family is coming in from Colorado and I'm excited to see them. My sister and brother haven't seen Nathan yet if you can believe it. That's what I get for having a kid right when school starts. That reminds me...I need to see if I can find a card table and chairs since we don't have enough for everyone for Thanksgiving dinner. I really want to use my china and I don't think we can eat Thanksgiving turkey while sitting on the couch! (or floor).

Wow, this post turned out to be a long one. Sorry about that. One more thing then I'm done, I promise.

In Scentsy news: Holiday warmers ARE going fast. The Heavenly warmer that my mom ordered (in time, thankfully) is already SOLD OUT, a week and a half after going on sale. Many of the others are already on back-order too. I've found that Scenty's back-order really doesn't take that long thankfully. But, it is a precursor to the seasonal ones being sold out since they only make a certain amount. ksteve.scentsy.com

Also, I placed my first 'party' order and let's just say I'm pleasantly surprised by the hostess rewards. I was the hostess for this party so I could build my stock for house parties. My four guests placed orders totaling $300 which allowed me to receive two items for half-price and $26 worth of free stuff. So I got two warmers for $13.50 each and 5 bars for free! So, if you're at all interested in a party let me know, it's a great way to get free Scentsy stuff. If you're in Chicago we can do either a house party or a basket party and if you live out of state from me, we can do a basket party! I just send you all of the stuff you need.

Okay, enough. Have a great Veteran's Day! I'll try to update more often so I don't always have long posts!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love sitting down for a "quick" update and finding I have a lot more to say than I thought. You've been a busy girl! I can imagine how hard it would be to leave your little guy all day..I would just want to come home and snuggle too- but good for you for staying on top of things. You will feel alot better getting into that routine NOW than waiting a month from now and trying to pick it up. Blah!

    If I was going to be in the US I would love to try out Scentsy products! I dont want to get started now then wish I could have it in Peru! LOL! Maybe when I come back :)

    ReplyDelete