Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Again, it's been a while! This past week was busy with the holiday. I got Wednesday and Friday off on top of Thanksgiving so I'm enjoying a wonderful five day weekend. All weekends should be five day =)

My parents came into town for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful to see them and I really wish they could have stayed longer. It always feels like vacations are gone before you know it. They came in Tuesday night and stayed until very early this morning. It's a sixteen hour drive from here to Denver which they're hoping to do all in one day. They took two days to get out here.

I miss them already but we'll see them in less than a month. We are going to Oklahoma and Colorado for Christmas this year. Since I have two weeks off work we'll be driving to Oklahoma first and then flying from Tulsa to Denver for the second week. Then back to Tulsa and then driving home. It should be interesting w/ Nathan. We'll see how he does on the plane!

Right now little bean is fussing in his swing. He's tired but wasn't falling asleep in my arms so I put him in there. Doesn't seem to want to fall asleep though...well...maybe he's starting to drift off. I'll let you know!

His fantastic sleeping pattern from last week has been suffering lately. I'm not sure if it was the 12week growth spurt followed by a lot of visitors, but he's been all screwed up the last few nights. Not just that he's waking up again, but he's having a hard time GOING to sleep...something that he hasn't had a problem with for a month or more.

Thursday night we just thought he might be overtired because he didn't get a good afternoon nap in, but last night despite some good naps, he didn't want to go to bed in his crib. At least not on his own. We'll see if he gets back into the routine now that family is gone. I'm really worried about Christmas though. Having to go visit family with a different crib in two places...I'm not sure how he'll do.

Hmm, he's doing his "I'm tired" fussing still...I might try to put him down in his crib. Probably wont work, but worth a try I guess.

One of these days I'll do a picture post. Maybe later today. I have pictures from Thanksgiving I'd like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment