Friday, March 12, 2010

told you i'd be back...

I've been on Twitter a lot lately. A lot more than anything else actually. I've even been neglecting my Facebook status in favor of Twitter. You can all thank my Libraries 2.0 class for my new found obsession. Before this class I thought Twitter was pointless, now it is my text messaging, blogging and news source. It helps that I'm able to update from my phone, well I don't know that "helps" is the right word. Maybe, "fuels the obsession" is a better term for it.

Caleb's parents were in town for a few days this week. They got in really late Monday night after Nathan and I were asleep and because I had to work all week I only got to see them in the evenings. It didn't feel like I got to see them all that much so it seems weird that they're gone already. They left around 2 this afternoon. We wont see them again until May, but Caleb's sister is coming up for Easter.

The weather here is fabulous. The trees are already budding and this past Wednesday it was in the sixties! SPRING SPRING SPRING! It's also always about this time that I get nostalgic for high school. I work in a high school and usually don't miss being a high school student until spring starts rolling around and the seniors start getting excited for graduation. It just reminds me of my senior year and all the uneasy excitement in preparation for going off to college. It really makes me miss my old friends and the theatre crowd. I can't believe I've been out of high school for six years already. Where does the time go?

Speaking of time flying, Nathan is SIX AND A HALF MONTHS OLD!?!?!?! What!? He's sitting up on his own, eating solids like a pro and is even starting to maneuver into the crawling position every once in a while. I think it'll still be some time before he actually crawls (which I'm totally cool with...we still need to baby proof around here) but it's a new development and it's so neat to see him learn new things! His eating habits in the last month have really changed things around here, he's hardly drinking milk at all during the day anymore and I've actually cut down a pumping session at work. Hard to believe that in six months I wont be dealing with nursing at all anymore. Makes me kind of sad actually. I know it'll be nice to have my freedom back, but it'll be the official end to his babyhood -- why can't they be little for just a little longer? Why is it only one short short year? Boo.

Well, it's way past my bedtime. Perhaps if I find the time and am feeling exceptionally wordy, I'll update again tomorrow. Wouldn't that be something? Two posts in less than twenty-four hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment