Monday, May 11, 2009

my first mommy's day...


I had an eventful weekend! Cathy and I met for breakfast and shopping on Saturday morning out in Arlington Heights. We even stopped by the farmer's market and I got fresh strawberries and fresh eggs! I loved it, I'm going to have to find our local farmer's market this summer and do some weekly shopping.


Later, after I got home I had about an hour before we headed downtown for a going away party at PF Chang's for the couple whose apartment we're taking. Considering Caleb and I rarely go out at all, going all the way out to the suburbs and then all the way downtown in one day...well, that's a lot for me. I was quite social this weekend if I do say so myself.


Sunday was my first Mother's Day. I find it interesting who out there considers a pregnant woman a mother and who doesn't. Not that we did anything big for it, but I did get a card from Caleb and from my family. I think as soon as you're pregnant you're a mommy. I'm constantly thinking about this little guy and eventhough I don't know him yet and he's not making me cards or crying for me, I am his mommy. So, Happy Mother's Day to all the pregnant first time moms out there that might not have gotten a Mother's Day gift/card. You should have.


In other news, classes have started again. I have class @ 6pm tonight. Lovely. I really wish we could have gotten at least two weeks in between semesters, but whatever. We meet twice a week rather than once (like in the fall/spring semesters) but at least I only have one class at a time and only have to do one class worth of homework. Plus, it'll be done at the end of June and then I get to start my second summer class. Don't worry, I'm taking the fall off for the baby...no way I'm taking two classes w/ a newborn! I'll start back up in the spring. Maybe by then we'll have a routine of sorts.


Hope everyone has a great week. I'm excited to find out what Krista and Emily are having! Krista finds out Wednesday and Emily finds out Thursday...can't wait girls!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment