Sunday, June 13, 2010

As promised...

A post! Yes, I have been home for four days now and am just getting around to posting, but I have been basking in all that is stay-at-home mommy and have thankfully found little time on the computer. I was actually excited to take Nathan to the grocery store with me on Saturday, something I'm sure a lot of mommies think I'm nuts for, but I never get to do it! I'm usually going after work and don't get to bring him with me. I bought a shopping cart cover in April that I just got to use this weekend! Anyway, I'm enjoying the little things.

Over the last four days my little man has hit three milestones...he is now waving, clapping and pulling up on his own. Amazing what they can do in a small amount of time. It's also amazing how quickly they go from baby to toddler. I have to say I'm not looking forward to this part of parenting...the whole "leaving the nest" mentality is hard. Sure, we get them for a lot longer than any other species but it still hurts just thinking about it. After Nathan started doing all of these "big-boy" things this weekend it just seems so real. In two months my baby will be a one year old! Excuse me while I go cry...

Speaking of birthdays, I turn twenty-five on Friday. I'm sure my own mother is wondering how I went from a tiny little baby to a twenty-five year old so quickly. This is a hard birthday, when you're in your early twenties you're still very much a "young adult" but once you hit twenty-five you can't really claim that anymore. You're an adult, pure and simple. I keep wondering when this happened...when and how did I get to be a real live adult? Wasn't I in high school not that long ago? The years just get quicker and quicker.

I also want to use this post to thank my amazing husband. I think the poor guy has taken a seat on the back burner completely unintentionally and I'm so sorry! With my classes, work and Nathan I have had precious little time to spend with Caleb. Usually it's only an hour, maybe two after Nate has gone to bed. However since his bedtime is 8pm, and I am exhausted by 10...well, you can see that there leaves little time for Caleb and I. I hope he knows how much and love and appreciate him and I couldn't do all I do without him (and God of course)!

Well, My mom and siblings are in town and tomorrow we're going to lunch and a museum since it's supposed to rain all day. I had planned to hit the botanical gardens but the weather has caused us to re-think that idea. I've made it all the way to 11 this evening, but then again, I'm not working! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment