Thursday, June 3, 2010

Update, update, update!

Wow, I've fallen behind on everything. Not only have my blog posts been neglected, but so have the blogs I read. I haven't been logging into Google Reader lately. What's going on with me? ;-)

Well hopefully once school gets out (less than a week away!!) I'll be able to keep up with every one's posts and occasionally post my own. I hope I'm not spending too much time online since my goal this summer is to be a stay-at-home mama and take Nathan on walks, go to the park and the beach as well as set up play dates with our friend Ashleigh...but I'm sure I'll have a little down time to update.

Something that has been on my mind the last few days is the prospect of us moving back to Oklahoma next year. Caleb and I were talking about it and we haven't made a decision or anything...a lot of it depends on my job outlook next spring (I graduate in December and have student teaching in Jan./Feb.) but after our last trip to Oklahoma over this past weekend, I am so ready to get back there!

I am glad we moved to Chicago and got to experience  it but I'm ready to have a yard where Nathan can play, I'm ready to drive normally again, I'm ready to not have to wonder how many people got shot (and where) every week. I'm just ready for the pace of Oklahoma life again. I am also ready to be near family. Of course my family is in Denver but I know my parents aren't necessarily going to be staying in Denver once they retire and that combined with the cost of living makes Oklahoma the winner.

I don't know, I really want to move asap but I know God may have other plans for us. I'll just continue to dream about it, knowing that a year will be through before I know it and perhaps this time next year I'll be finishing up my final year at Niles West and on our way to beautiful Oklahoma!

1 comment:

  1. I still think you guys live in OK sometimes. Haha! I guess I just associate you with OK since thats where you were when I "met" you!

    hope it works out for you guys to be there soon! I know you miss it!

    ReplyDelete