Friday, June 25, 2010

Family, birthdays and bbqs!

It has been a wonderful couple of weeks. My mom and siblings came into town last week and this week we had Caleb's parents in town. Both visits were laid back and relaxing, we slept in, ate good food, went for walks with Nathan and just had a great time with family.

I just wrapped up one of my final classes and now only have two more grad. classes to go before my student teaching! I start one on July 7th and then the last one is during fall semester. I do have two online education classes still, I'm working on one now and the other will be in the fall but I can't believe how close I am to being done! I can't wait!

Nathan, amazingly enough, is TEN MONTHS old today. I still can't believe it...I know I've said that every time I've mentioned how old he is in my past posts, but it's true. Time goes by way too fast. I've already got everything we need for his birthday. We're going to have a small family party at the lake in Oklahoma next month and then a slightly larger party at the end of August right around his actual birthday.

Speaking of birthdays, I turned 25 last week. I'm still in a bit of denial over it. Not that it's old, but I'm definitely an adult now, there is no question about that. Despite the fact that I have really stepped into an adult life in the last five years, it's still a weird concept.

Tonight we have a cook-out at some friends of ours house. Some of the young couples in church formed a small group and we try to meet every month. Usually we get a babysitter for all of the kiddos, but we're doing a family thing this month. It should be a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll be able to update again soon. Perhaps with a few new pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment