Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cleaning...what's that?

I've never been the best at keeping a clean house. I love it when I am able to, but most of the time I just can't get myself to get up and do it. Every once in a while I'll manage to get moving and get the kitchen mopped and the apartment vacuumed but a lot of the time it's a very surface clean. I don't deep clean very often.

My goal this summer was to deep clean our place. Funny enough, it hasn't happened yet (surprise). Today I did manage to do a large scale cleaning of the floors in the main room (including the kitchen), the bathroom and our bedroom. I find hardwood to be a huge pain despite how nice it looks. I wish I could just vacuum and be done with it.

Anyway, I did manage to get a bit done today. I still want to vacuum the carpets here a in a few, probably after I'm done posting this I'll get to it. I just needed a little bit of a break after all that sweeping and mopping. I also surface cleaned the fridge...which is saying something for me. I'm horrible at getting motivated to clean the fridge, even a surface cleaning.

Well, I don't really know where I was going with this post other than that I am probably the worst at keeping house. I have to confess though that I think my less than spotless house has been key to Nathan not having more than a slight cold all year as well as not having any allergies. I realize the whole allergy thing is still mostly unknown and a bit controversial, but I do personally believe the cat hair tumbleweeds have actually helped him.

------

Besides my rare attempt at cleaning, the only thing going on here is us just getting ready for me to go back to work and Nathan turning one. He's still not walking, but I think he will be very soon. If not before his birthday (which is less than two weeks away! GULP) then soon afterward. Two days ago he finally decided he "understood" how to use his little walker thing. It looks like he's pushing a shopping cart around. It's so cute! I've been trying to get him to try it out for weeks now and I'm pretty sure we tried it three days ago and he refused to have anything to do with it. Then, the next day...voila! Silly boy.

1 comment:

  1. Whaaaaat?! He will be one in 2 weeks?! Im sorry but where did the time go? Crazy!

    Good for your for finding a starting place! Maybe it will progress? GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete