Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cats...


So last night we got about as much sleep as the night before. This time it was thanks to our sweet cat Osiris who we noticed (at midnight) had blood in his urine.

We knew he'd been acting weird as far as the bathroom is concerned all day. He kept going in there over and over again and I thought he was just being finicky because we were out of our regular litter and had to downscale on the number of litter boxes we had available. We were going to get litter today after church.

Well, we didn't get to church this morning because we were at the Emergency Vet until 1:30 last night and didn't get to sleep until after 2am. Add the most annoying cat in the world (our female, Isis) and we had another long night. She just sits outside our door in the morning and meows - as I think I mentioned in the previous post. I guess since her brother was at the vet all night she felt the need to continually ask us where he was. ALL freaking night. We do have three cats and Anubis, our other male, didn't seem to matter to Isis: In fact, I was this close to having another cat to take to the Emergency Vet, only this time I was going to be the reason she needed to go.

I'm seriously about to give her away (okay not really..but I'm very very tired of her). All my pregnancy hormones get directed at this obnoxious cat. I actually got out of bed at 4am and chased her around the apartment trying to catch her so I could put her in the kennel for the rest of the night. If you will, imagine a half naked, 9 month pregnant woman run-walking after a fat little tabby with a small head at 4 in the morning. I'm sure it was a sight. Needless to say I couldn't catch her and I gave up. Eventually we were able to block her out until about 7 when I threw a pillow at our closed door in hopes she'd get the message. She did, and then promptly came back at 9.

Anyway, back to the sweet, sick cat. We're going to pick him up here pretty soon. He had crystals in his system and it is a urinary tract infection. Apparently crystals can cause what is called "blockage" in male cats and can be life-threatening. Luckily we caught it early ... sadly we caught it on Saturday night and got to charge a ridiculous amount of money onto our credit card.

Ahh...Maybe tonight we'll get some sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment