Thursday, August 6, 2009

Updated belly pics and then some...


Today was going to be a lazy day. I've been out of the house all week (class and then doctor's appointments) so I was looking forward to sitting on the couch and doing nothing today. Well, I was bit by the nesting bug this morning and haven't spent too much time being lazy. I've made pancakes, done the laundry and dishes, made cookies AND I boiled what few bottles and plastic toys I have for this little guy. I've gotten a lot done and I'm still feeling good.

Caleb is at the Chicago Comic Con this evening so I've got the place to myself and as soon as I'm done wasting time online, I'm going to get some homework done. I am also listening to The Scarlet Pimpernel. I haven't listened to this is ages! It is by far my favorite Broadway musical but I haven't taken the time to sit and enjoy my favorite music in a VERY VERY long time. It is so good for the soul =)

Anywho, below are my most recent "belly" pictures. Recently I think my weight has hit that "end of pregnancy plateau" ... meaning, I haven't gained any weight in the last week and a half and it will probably stay that way. I've officially gained 38lbs. I'm glad it tapered off, according to the books I was only supposed to gain 35, so I feel pretty good about 38lbs, I just want to make sure it doesn't keep skyrocketing like it was. I gained 3lbs one week when you're supposed to only really gain 1 a week. So, I'm just hoping it wont be too hard to lose again, but we'll see! I'll mainly be glad to get rid of the water retention weight. My face is getting a little puffy.





1 comment:

  1. So the last time I posted a comment I didn't realize that you approved them first before they were posted. So I think I posted the same one like 3 times!! Sorry about that! I have a hard time posting comments too...I can't get the word verification thing to work right. It never shows the whole thing...I'll figure it out eventually! :)

    I can't belive your ticker says 18 days!! That's less than 3 weeks! Crazy crazy!! I bet you are getting very anxious. How has the summer been up there? Realy hot and humid, or pretty mild? We've been fortunate to get a lot of rain this summer so ours has been pretty mild...but its starting to heat up...especially at night! YUCK!

    You don't look like you've gained 38 pounds! You look great. My goal was to keep it under 30 pounds (I was a little heavier when I started out than I wanted to be). At my last appt. I was only up 16 so that's really good. The doctor said if I keep it up like that I should have no problem getting it off! So that was refreshing to hear.

    Well I'm glad you are still doing well. How long are you going to take off for your maternity leave?

    ReplyDelete