Saturday, August 15, 2009

weddings and babies


Good morning everyone! Today will be an eventful day for us here in Chicago. One of my best friends is getting married! Her wedding is out near her parent's house in Rockford which is about two hours+ away from Caleb and I. It's a long drive, but I can't wait! It's going to be gorgeous today (which is good since it's outside) and the reception sounds like it'll be yummy...I got to order salmon =) -----------> Sarah and I at my wedding!

We weren't sure if I was going to make it to today. After that update about my dilation...well, hehe, that dilation check sent me into a false labor of sorts. The rest of that day and into Thursday I was having a lot of cramping and contractions (not too painful, but they were every 15 mins) and other "symptoms" of pre-labor. I was excited, but worried I'd miss Sarah's wedding. We knew we'd be pushing it, going 10 days before my due date (that's right...only TEN MORE DAYS!!) but it wasn't until Wednesday night that I started to really wonder if I'd make it.

The symptoms have subsided however and I have been given the all clear by my doctors to go as long as I'm not having contractions (real ones) beforehand. If they start while we're there, we just have to leave early. I'll have my suitcase packed and everything set in case we do have to leave and head straight for the hospital. Hopefully that wont happen. I told Sarah if it did though, that she will have to give him grief for the rest of his life over making us miss their wedding.

Anyway, right now I'm just enjoying the morning. We'll have to leave around 12:45/1pm to make sure we get there in time. Right now Caleb is at Sam's Club getting my tire fixed. I had a flat a few weeks ago and have been driving around on the spare (full size) ever since. We figured we'd better get that taken care of before we drive all way to Rockford. Last thing we need is another flat with no spare!

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. OK, no post since Saturday...Does this mean you are now truly three????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope =( not yet. However, it should be long. We might be induced sometime early next week.

    I'll post on it here in a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "shouldn't" be long...sorry typo

    ReplyDelete