Saturday, October 10, 2009

SNOW!?

I'm am in shock over the weather this week. I still can't believe how cold it has gotten and how early the snow has come, Cheyenne has 8 inches before Halloween!? Geez.

Not that an October snow in Wyoming and Colorado is rare, but that much and being that cold...I'm really worried about this winter. I hate long winters. Chicago usually doesn't get snow until late November but once it snows it's on the ground until March -- I hate that. Colorado might snow in Sept and May but at least it melts and there isn't the same snow on the ground all winter. Piling up, getting nasty gray and slushy. Causing the streets to fill with drifts...ugh. I hate it.

Every fall I feel like I didn't take the full advantage of summer. Didn't do enough outside, etc. I did do a lot in June this year, but once my family left I hardly did anything. Stayed inside most of the summer. BORING. Oh well, next year Nathan will be big enough to really enjoy being outside...maybe we'll do more.

Well, off to enjoy another quiet day w/ Caleb and Nathan. I need to finish some laundry and get the house cleaned up a bit though since Caleb's family is coming in this week. I've only vacuumed once since Nathan was born. Ewww...

1 comment:

  1. You can def. tell it's fall in Florida...it's been in the upper 80's instead of the 90's....ha yeah right!

    ReplyDelete