Monday, October 19, 2009

Stupid Halloween

GRRRRR... I'm so upset about Nathan's Halloween costume. I bought him this adorable little pumpkin costume right after he was born and it's too small! I bought a 0-3mo size because he will be 2months at Halloween. Ha! That was before I knew my child was a hoss who grows like a weed. The kid is 14lbs and he'll be 8 weeks tomorrow!

Anyway, I should have bought size 3-6mo and now there is nothing I can do about it. Target doesn't have the costume in stock anymore and we can't afford to buy another one right now. So frustrating! We do have this cute little pumpkin onesie that Caleb's mom got him that I was going to put him in w/ some Halloween socks my mom got him, but we don't have any black pants and I can't put him in just a onesie in Chicago. GRRRRR...

So, my next option is his snow suit which is a blue suit w/ bear ears on the hood. I guess I'll put him in that with a little black make-up on this nose. Great, every time we look back at pictures he's going to ask what the heck he was. A stupid blue bear...

Ugh, can you tell I'm upset? I REALLY wanted to do well with my child's first holiday and I feel like I've failed already. I realize he wont remember it, but that's not really my concern...the pictures are the concern. I wanted to make sure he had cute Halloween pictures that he could always look back on. Every child needs to be a pumpkin at least once too.....not some random bear.

So mad at myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it ridiculous how we can let things that others wouldn't think is a big deal get to us so bad. I had a similar issue when we were putting together the nursery and the bookshelf i ordered was not what i thought it would be. Pat didn't understand why I was so upset. I bough Leah a cute skunk costume but I think it'll be too big (and probably too small for next year) so we're going to have to do something similar with pink leopard pj's we have. I hope you figure out something that'll work and that you'll be happy with.

    When do you go back to work? I go back in 4 weeks and I am dreading it so bad. How was your flu shot experience? I don't really want to get one...but have been told that I should.

    ReplyDelete