Friday, June 19, 2009

24 years...

So I am officially 24 years old now. I think next year will be the hardest. 25. Then I'll be in the upper halves of my 20's and before I know it they'll be gone. I know I should be living in the moment but I'm already anticipating how quickly life roles by.

12 years ago my little brother was two months from being born...12 years later and my own son is two months from being born. Oh my god...he'll be 12 before I know it. Why does it go so quick? Well, I shall try not to dwell upon that and focus on the moment.

We went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and then met up w/ my parents who are staying at a Hyatt up here. On our way home, the last hour of my birthday was not so hot. We got side swiped by some crazy guy on a two lane street who drove into oncoming traffic (we weren't even the ones going slow, there were people in front of us) and then he took off! A cop saw this and tried to follow him but his car stalled and then he just gave up. Sometimes I wish the Chicago PD had quotas to fill...but at least we're all okay. Thank God for that.

In better news, my shower is Sunday and I can't wait! We did finally get the crib and it's all set up but that's really all we have besides some clothes and bedding. I also got two Fuzzi Bunz diapers off of Amazon. I really want to try Cloth Diapering. Not just to be green but also to save $. Diapers are so pricey!

Well, I need to go get ready. Since my parents are in town we're going down to the Museum of Science and Industry. It should be fun...it's probably the best museum in Chicago. So much cool stuff to do.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. I'm getting ready to be 25 and I get your reasoning! It seems so much older to me...ahh...
    Cloth diapering is GREAT! We use BumGenius....they're great! Good luck and congrats on the baby!!

    ReplyDelete