Monday, June 8, 2009

It's been a while...



Well, I was really good at updating at first and now here I am falling back into my old patterns. Life has been pretty hectic, but add that on with no internet and you've really got a recipe for falling off the update wagon.

We are all moved in to our new place, well sort of. We have the old apartment until the end of June so there are still some boxes over there. Caleb has a lot of his "man-room" stuff still there but we're slowly working on it. All of the really important stuff is at the new place and we're officially living there. I do want to get my vacuum over but we still need to clean the old place, so I don't know exactly when that will happen. Our landlord keeps showing the old place, I seriously wonder if anyone will rent it looking the way it does. We tried vacuuming a little bit, but the bathroom is a mess and there are boxes here and there.

I wish you could all come see our new apartment. I need to take some pictures and put them on here, but it still wouldn't do it justice. I swear it's the best deal in Chicago...we really lucked out. It is large enough that all three of our cats can disappear for hours at a time. LOVE IT! It is so wonderful and already, a week into it, I can't believe we lived in that dinky little place for two years. Plus, thanks to my awesome in-laws, we have a dishwasher! **do a little dance** I am so thankful for that. I can live without a washer/dryer in our place (as long as it's in the building) but I definitely need that dishwasher. I HATE hand washing dishes and I HATE seeing dishes pile up.

Well, hopefully it wont be a month before I update again. We're supposed to be getting the internet today (I'm at school right now) and then work is out for summer on Friday. We've got a lot of family coming into town so we'll be out and about doing all the fun "tourist" things that you never do when you live here but I should be online more.

Oh and baby update... 11 more weeks! wow...just...wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment