Friday, June 12, 2009

And it starts...

So today was my last day of work for the summer! Whooo! I do have to go in for four hours on the 18th and 29th to work on "summer projects" but that wont be bad at all. Next time I go into work for "real" I'll have a little squirmy baby with me!

My cousin has come in this evening...poor thing is stuck sitting at the airport waiting on Caleb who is stuck in some of the worst traffic he's seen. Apparently everyone and their dog decided today was the day to get off work at 3pm. We'll see how long it takes for them to get back to the apartment. Should be interesting. Talk about a great introduction to Chicago.

Not sure what we're going to do while she's here. Tonight we're planning on going to Giordano's Pizza for dinner. LOVE that place and it is definitely a Chicago staple. Maybe we'll hit some of the other pizza places while she's here, but I honestly think the best is Giordano's. It's a hot topic here in Chi-town everyone has an opinion.

We're definitely going to do some of the fun touristy stuff...we just need to plan it out.

1 comment:

  1. So are you even going to go back at the beginning of next school year then, or just take your maternity leave right away? Have you figured out how your leave will work? I hope you're able to get more than just your sick time! I'm taking 8 weeks. I wish I could take all 12 that I'm allowed but I don't think my principal wants a sub for that long. Hope you have a good weekend with your cousin!

    ReplyDelete