Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the due date of my first pregnancy...

So today (April 28th) would have been my due date if everything was okay. My doctor changed it to May 15th because I was two weeks behind...but that was obviously because something was wrong...so I guess I have two "EDD due dates" for my last pregnancy.

To tell you the truth I'm not that upset today. More just noting it. I feel a little guilty about that though. Should I be more upset? Really I'm just focused on this little guy inside me currently and the fact that he wouldn't be if things hadn't gone the way they did. Not that I'm thrilled I had a mc, but things happen for a reason and he wouldn't be alive otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Kari,

    I hope you don't mind that I have been reading all of your posts! I swear I'm not a stalker but I really enjoy your observations. It takes me back to when I was pregnant with my girls.

    I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks. It was heartbreaking, as you know. But by the time my original due date came around I was pregnant with Jules and you and I both know that I wouldn't trade her for anything. So I do understand you worries. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have loved that little babe as much as I love Jules, but since there was no way for me to have the both of them I feel blessed that things turned out the way they did. I can tell you feel the same way about your little guy. Your love for him radiates with each sentence you write. I'm very happy for you and Caleb. Being a parent is the most special profession!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all! Please read them, that's what they're there for.

    I can't imagine having a miscarriage at 20 weeks, I'm so sorry! Having one at 9 weeks was hard enough and it was still sinking in that I was even pregnant.

    It's great to hear from you, thank you for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete