Thursday, April 30, 2009

Really Wilbur? After everything we've shared?


Swine flu...eek!


Okay so I do feel like the media is blowing it a little bit out of proportion. Take the "Chicago Sun Times" today. The front page talked about the "3 cases" in Rogers Park that closed down an elementary school. If you go on the Center For Disease Control website (cdc.gov/swineflu) you'll find that there still isn't a confirmed case in Illinois. Gotta love the quality of journalism.


I have to admit that I am much more worried about it than I would be if I weren't pregnant. Knowing my immune system is suppressed and that I can't really take any meds, well I'm not too thrilled about working in a high school as well as going to campus for my own classes. It doesn't help that at work we've been sanitizing EVERTHING and today they actually put a wall mounted dispenser of hand sanitizer right outside my office door. I'm always good about washing my hands frequently and I really don't get sick very often, but take my access to massive amounts of hand sanitizer and lysol: add that to my paranoid pregnant mind? You've got a recipe for some major OCD.


Great...the girl next to me just sneezed!



1 comment:

  1. hahaha... you're too funny. It's true, I find the media is exagerating in their reaction. I guess the reular flu kills like 800 people a week in the US and we're not freaking about that...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete