Sunday, April 26, 2009

Observations at 23 weeks...



Feeling your baby move is definitely one of the top three feelings in the world. 

It just amazes me every time he really starts jumping around. Some days he doesn't move too much, or else I'm just too busy to catch it, but others (like today) I really start to think he's dancing to some funky music I can't hear. It's amazing. It's times like these that I start to really understand the incredibly difficult decision it would be to put your baby up for adoption...it's so real at this point. Probably, for the first time in my entire pregnancy. 

I also can't even fathom how someone could abort their child this late in the game, after feeling it move? Wow. Early on, sure...pregnancy doesn't seem real at first. Yet, maybe that's why. They are in denial that they even got themselves pregnant and it isn't until the little one starts moving that they face reality. So sad....so hard to think about... Ehh..forget about that topic...I was just letting my mind wander.

In much lighter fair, I can't believe I'm already 23 weeks! So amazing how fast time has gone. Caleb was in shock yesterday when I told him I was entering the sixth month. I feel like I've sailed right through the second trimester. I'll admit the first one couldn't go fast enough. I was so scared of a miscarriage, I just wanted to get to the point where things were a little safer. I do know anything could happen at anytime. That's the biggest problem w/ pregnancy after miscarriage. You've lost your innocence. You CAN lose your baby, it can happen to you -- not just someone you know. 

The funny thing is, someone who hasn't gone through that just thinks you worry too much. It's kind of annoying to be told to stop worrying about something that really could happen. I'm so thankful God gives us peace, because I really don't worry constantly about it (promise!), in fact I'm not stressed or worried now. I'm merely making an observation. I know this little boy of mine will be with us for a long time, but knowing that things can happen and do happen to anyone at anytime, well...I can't say I never worry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment