Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting closer..

Well, we're getting there. Closer and closer to having a child that is. Only a few more days and I'll be offically considered "term" although he probably wont be making an appearance until a bit closer to his due date.

I don't think I'll be mentioning his name on this blog. Mainly I assume only family and friends will be reading but since I have to keep it open for all of those family and friends to access it, anyone can really find it. So, for protective reasons I'll be coming up with some nickname for him on the blog. Not sure yet what that will be...since I'll always be calling him that, I want it to be good. I'll have to think about it a bit. I'll get back to you on that.

---------

In other news class is still going on. I only have three weeks left though so that's nice. Today I had to go watch a Preschool Story Time at one of the local libraries. I had to "observe" and now I get to write a 2-page paper on it. Not really that difficult of an assignment and it allowed me to get out of the house today. Since I'm really the only person I know that has the summer off I don't have anyone to do anything with. I'm so grateful to have all this time to relax and rest before he shows up, but it would be nice if I had a friend to go do some stuff with. Oh well, I'll survive...I just feel like I need to get out of the house more.

---------

Also, I've written another article on ehow:

How to take a great summer lake trip in Oklahoma - http://www.ehow.com/how_5240079_great-summer-lake-trip-oklahoma.html


1 comment:

  1. Kari,
    two things: As far as a pseudonym for your baby, I'm not sure that is necessary. I do think it is quite adorable what Stellan's mom calls her little crew, but you could just use you little babe's initials or even his first name if you like. As long as you don't give out all of your identifying info you should be fine. On the other hand, if you come up with a cute name you should go for it! Maybe your readers would have some clever ideas.
    The other thought I have is that, as far as making friends goes, as soon as you are a mom and start taking walks and carting a beautiful baby everywhere you go you will meet many new moms and dads who will become a great support group for you. At least that's what usually happens!

    ReplyDelete