Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reflections @ 33 weeks...


Well, I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday (for some reason the "what to expect" ticker above always puts me ahead by a few days) which means I only have 7 weeks before my due date and 4 weeks before he COULD make an appearence (however unlikely)!

I can't believe how quickly this has gone by. I also can't believe that in a month and half I will have a child. A real, live child that belongs to me. My life will be changed forever in a moment and it still feels so unreal. I hope every parent feels this way. I'm not completely out of it, I am thinking ahead to Christmas and next summer, factoring Nathan in. Knowing that he'll be this old, or that old when we go do this, etc.

However, it just doesn't seem like these are really my last few weeks of true "youth". My last few weeks before my heart is running around outside of my body (I heard having a child explained like this once and I really liked it...I thought it made a lot of sense.) This is my last Fourth of July without children and I just celebrated my last birthday without children. It is such a surreal feeling. I KNOW my life is going to change...I just don't FEEL like my life is going to change...at least I guess that's a way to describe it.

I'm just glad my pregnancy has been fairly pleasent. He's sitting nice and low so I hardly ever have a hard time breathing. I'm still getting decent sleep at night and am just thankful he doesn't kick too hard yet (minus trying to stretch out my side). Thank goodness I haven't had much heartburn (milk does the body good!) since I love eating spicy, heartburn inducing foods...

Another weird thing about when he's born will be not feeling him move anymore. I've gotten so used to the kicks, pokes and rolls over the last 4-5 months that it will be so strange to no longer have him there. I'm extremely excited to see him, but it will be weird.

Anyway, those are my random thoughts for the day. Before I know it he'll be here. Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! Happy Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment