Tuesday, July 28, 2009

random

Ugh, I really need to find something more interesting in my life to blog about. Not that my pregnancy isn't interesting, but after a dozen posts on the same topic? Well, now come on. Even I'm getting bored writing about it. Until this little guy decides to make his appearance I can't imagine the next couple weeks will be very interesting on that front.

I did stay home from class yesterday...I just couldn't do the hour drive both ways. It stresses me out too much. I really wish we lived closer to campus. I just hope I don't have this kid early and regret already missing a class. My teacher will understand, but it still isn't very studious of me.

So, like I've mentioned Caleb is going to be staying home with the baby during the week once I have to head back to work. He'll be working at the pub on weekends still and he'll continue to pursue his actual career interests in the evenings. Right now he's working on a webseries with some guys from work as well as a comic book. They've just finished writing the first story arc of this comic book and I got to read through issues 1-4 last night. It was pretty good and I promise I'm not just being biased. (Remember, I don't actually read comics despite how much my husband has attempted to get me into them. I just have issues with the format, not the story lines. I can't read all those little bubbles without getting confused over which one to read first. I'm sure that sounds ridiculous to the avid comic reader, but for me it makes sense. I hate reading graphic novels for the very same reason.)

Anyway, I think the comic book could be promising. I'm not sure what hoops you have to jump through to get a publisher to look at it, but I think it would be pretty neat if they were able to get the thing published. We'll see how it goes I guess. Caleb is going to the Chicago Comic-Con in next weekend..he goes simply to see the panels he says. Apparently they give things away about certain stories, or at least hint at them. Yeah..the only way I'd go is if David Tennant was there. So, if we lived in the San Diego area I would have gone to that one last week...gotta love the Doctor!

Okay, just some random babbling. Off to do something else non-productive. Maybe I'll actually work on some homework today...that would actually be productive for once.

1 comment:

  1. Kari Freedom!!!

    Hello! I'm so glad Jules posted the link to your blog so that I can add my congrats on your soon to expand family!

    Interesting post. Of course you know that Jules is way into comics and if you've been reading her blog for very long you also know that she went to the NYC Comic Con this year. But did you also know that she is writing a comic story arc or whatever you call it? She needs an illustrator,and will eventually also need some advice on what to do as far as getting published goes. So, a bit selfishly, I wish Caleb much success in his endeavor in hopes that he will share some of the secrets of how to get into that world.

    As far as reading comics and graphic novels, I'm right there with you on that. But Jules tells me there is a way to do it and that once she got the hang of it she was hooked.

    One other thing you might not know is that Jules has several comic related youtube videos. Go to youtube and check for videos under the name of parkerpoyer. I bet Caleb will enjoy them, and I'm pretty sure you will too. My favorite is the one about The Flash, but Batman, Superman Best Friends is great, too. They are all good. (strictly unbiased opinion, of course).

    Take care and enjoy this last month of your pregnancy!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete