Friday, September 4, 2009

Growth Spurts


Well, I think Nathan has hit his first growth spurt. According to the books he's supposed to hit one between either: 7-10 days, 1-3 weeks, or 2 weeks (gotta love books that all say something different!)

The symptoms of this include "cluster feeding" which is when your usually routine 2 hour feedings suddenly turn into much more. Today he's eating every hour or so. The only thing that worries me is that he doesn't seem to be eating much during this time. He only eats for about 5 mins ... but I guess if he's eating more frequently then maybe that's all he needs.

Anyway, it has made it hard to get anything done today. Usually I have a little time when he's sleeping but now I start something, get right in the middle of it and he awakes. Oh well ... guess I wont be getting a shower today!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there lady! Sorry to hear that your little one won't sleep unless he's in bed with you. You said that you are trying to get him to sleep in his crib? Do you have a bassinet instead?

    My mom suggested to us to get a bassinet or something similar for her to sleep in for the first couple of months because cribs feel too big for them right away. Since they are used to such tight quarters from the womb...a big crib doesn't usually make them very happy. I just thought I'd throw that out there as a suggestion. I hope things are going well! He's darling!

    ReplyDelete