Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome baby Leah!


Let's see...first off, congrats to Krista and Patrick on the birth of little Leah Catherine this past Tuesday! Krista and I went to grade school together and have been keeping in touch through facebook, xanga and blogspot throughout our pregnancies.

In other news, my dad is coming into town tonight to visit Nathan. He wasn't able to make it back when everyone else came in, so now he gets a whole weekend w/ Nathan all to himself. We'll have lots more pictures on Monday!

Also, tomorrow we're going to visit my coworkers for the first time. I really wanted to go on a day that didn't have any students. Friday is a late start day which means the students don't come until 9:40 but the teachers come on time. This would have given me the opportunity to bring him in w/ minimal student contact. I found out though that most of the library staff will be in a meeting at our sister high school during the morning hours so we have to come in during 1st period anyway. I would have come in earlier this week if I'd known I'd have to go into during normal hours anyway, but oh well.

Monday I have a doctor's appointment w/ my OB. My six week appointment isn't until October 7th but I think I have some sort of prolapse so I'm going in to get it checked out. There are various things that can prolapse after pregnancy (bladder, inner wall, and even the uterus itself) and when I called the nurse and relayed my symptoms she said "yeah...how about you come in" so I probably do have some sort of prolapse. Hopefully it wont require surgery.

Well, that's about all I have to update on. Nathan is doing well. He's getting huge already and has a ton of baby acne despite my twice daily attempts at washing his face. Perhaps I'll have to up it to three times a day. Hopefully lots of baby acne doesn't mean a lot of teenage acne later on! He's a happy baby except for a few hours at night (around 11 to 1am) when he gets fussy and wants to eat constantly...well I should really say, use me as a pacifier. I've tried the actual pacifier and sometimes he'll take it but other times only mommy will do. Not sure how that's going to work when I start working again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm not sure I'll be updating until next week since my dad will be in town.




2 comments: