Wednesday, September 2, 2009

one week later...


I can't believe he's already been here a week! Amazing. I could just stare at him for hours.

Our nights have been interesting. The second night home was the worst. I still had a little stamina from getting rest in the hospital that first night home, but the second day I over did it a bit. We had a lot of family in and I was feeling good so I was up and around a lot. Then, when he didn't sleep that night I was drained. Add a mild case of the baby blues and I about lost it. I cried a lot that night.

Since then things have been better. No more crying (from me that is), but there have been points in the night where I've seriously considered switching to formula. We'll be working on getting him to sleep in his crib for a while I think. A couple nights ago he slept in it for a while, but last night he would have nothing to do with it. So, again he slept with us. I hate doing that because I'm afraid he's going to suffocate but it's the only way he'll sleep and in turn, the only way I can sleep.

Anyway, that's about all update I have time for. He's sleeping but I'm trying to get at least a little house work done while he's snoozing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! He's a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! What a cutie! Love the name, it's my brother's!

    ReplyDelete