Friday, September 25, 2009

A Month Old Today!


He's a month old today...that just amazes me...

I love being a mom. I really do, I love getting covered in my child's spit up and not caring all that much. Just wipe it up and go. Hehe.

That is one thing Caleb has a hard time with, the spit-up. He can do the dirty diapers (which he swore he'd NEVER change) but he hates it when Nathan spits-up, even if it doesn't get on him. It's kinda funny too, because I think our child knows how much daddy hates it. He'll be fine, I'll hand him over to Caleb and of course he inevitably spits-up. It's kinda funny actually (to me anyway).

Today we had Nathan's 4 week wellness visit. He's such a big boy! He is now:
11.5 lbs
21.5 inches long
and his head is 37.5 cm

I don't know what his head was at birth. They never told me if they even measured it, but he's gained over 3lbs since birth and grown a whole inch in length! My new mommy friend Leigh called him "solid" yesterday which I like. My kid is not chunky, chubby or fat. He is SOLID. Hehe.

The doctor also said he could start rolling over at anytime, so we can't assume he'll stay where we put him anymore. I'm glad she said that because I really thought it was more like 3months when they started to roll over. Also, we've been instructed to start moving him to the crib. She said he wont learn self-soothing unless he's given the opportunity so I guess tonight I'm in for a night of no sleep! He always wakes himself up by grunting when I put him down by myself so it should be interesting. He also got his second HepB vaccine and he next visit (at 2mos.) is when the real round of vaccines start. Lovely. Although the little bean took it like a champ today. He just cried out once when she stuck him with the needle and then hasn't been all that fussy. I did give him a small amount of Tylenol to help ease the pain once we got home. Doctor's orders ;)

In other news we've got some craziness going on w/ our bank account and the kitchen sink. The sink started leaking about a week ago but it was a really slow drip that we kept meaning to call on and never did. Until yesterday when it became a steady stream and now we're in a slight panic. Our maintenance guy isn't exactly the most reliable person in the world (one reason I kept hoping the stupid leak would stop and we wouldn't have to call) and now we've got to wait on him to even call back while we continually empty out the bowls we have placed under the sink. We can't even turn the water off because every time we attempt to the leak gets worse!

As for our bank account, yesterday Caleb got a notice from Chase saying there was a balance of negative $275. Luckily this isn't our main account but we were still in a panic. After checking online we realized someone had gotten a hold of one of our debit card numbers. Not knowing which one I called and canceled all of my bank cards (for every account we have, just in case) and called Chase to let them know. Of course they can't do anything until it posts but they were alerted, which was good because this morning the person tried to buy something else and it was denied because of the alert on the account. We ended up finding out it was Caleb's card but we're still not sure how someone got a hold of the information. It's the least used of our cards since it's hooked to Caleb's Comic Book account. So, anyway...thank goodness for automated bank alerts. Otherwise we wouldn't have known as soon as that first transaction took place.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know they started to roll over that early either. Also, why did they want you to put him in the crib so early? I thought they could sleep in the bassinet, etc. until 2 or 3 months (basically until they outgrew it). How does putting him in the crib help to self soothe? I haven't been reading as much as I did when I was pregnant...maybe I should start reading again :) Any good mommy books you've got your hands on?

    ReplyDelete